So Lu from Moose Noose gave me an award back in.. errrm… September(!!) which I’ve failed to actually post on here until now. Oops! Not even sure I deserve it any more after ignoring it for so long. But here it is anyway, the Verstile Blogger Award:
This award isn’t just there to look pretty. There are rules to this game, too…
- Thank the person who gave you the award. That’s just common courtesy, that is.
I believe I did, in fact, thank Lu when she first gave me the award, but after all this time she deserves to be thanked again. Publically. Thank you Lu!
- Include a link to their blog.
Done. Look up there ^.
- Share seven random facts about yourself.
Will do, once I’ve finished with the rules.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and share a link to their site.
15? I’m not even sure I know that many! But I shall give it a go…
First, seven random facts about myself. A difficult one, this. Those of you who’ve been reading for a while probably know pretty much everything that’s even vaguely interesting already, but I have had a few new readers recently so at least these will (hopefully) be new to them. Regular readers, I apologise now if I repeat myself…
- Once I start reading a book, I feel compelled to read it to the end even if I don’t like it. The book I’ve come closest to not finishing is Wuthering Heights. I got it for Christmas when I was about 14 and 7 year and 4 attempts later, I finally finished it, then immediately gave it to a charity shop
- I love garlic! I would eat it every day if I could. I’ve wanted to go to Tallinn, Estonia ever since I heard there’s a garlic restaurant there. (That’s a perfectly good reason for wanting to go somewhere, right?)
- I also love potatoes and cheese. Any meal containing garlic, potatoes and cheese would be my idea of heaven! (Garlic and Cheddar mashed potatoes anyone?)
- I am currently obsessed with owls. I also like hedgehogs, tortoises, red pandas and seahorses.
- I actually enjoy writing letters, as in with an actual pen and paper. E-mails, on the other hand, I am useless at. I’ll read them, make a note to come back and reply later, then forget about them for months and months.
- I sometimes wish my commute to work was longer, so I could continue reading my book. Strangely I never think this on the way home…
- I would LOVE to be able to sew, but I am terrifed of sewing machines and my hand stitching is a) slow and b) messy
I believe that is seven. Now I have to nominate people…
- Tina at Kulturschock
- Katyboo (who I’m sure will already have had it, but deserves to have it again, and again, and again…)
- Working Berlin Mum
- Thoughtsy at Thoughts Appear (who again has probably already had it several times, but see note for Katyboo…)
- Charlotte from Sherbet and Sparkles
- Alex at Ifs, ands & Butts
- Jessica at Booshy
- Svenja at Happybluebird
- Elaine at I used to be indecisive…
- Sam at Wie sagt man…?
- Eating Wiesbaden (and Mainz)
- JP of Pining Liwasan
And that is 15. Phew! If you don’t do the blogging award thing, please accept my apologies and ignore this post. For the rest of you, I’m looking forward to reading your seven facts! And now I have more gifts to wrap… I’ll be glad when they’re all done and winging their merry way to England, to be honest.