It’s meme time again methinks.
The original idea of this one was to answer the questions using one word only. But like the person I stole it from, katyboo, I’ve decided to completely ignore the one word thing and just answer the questions. Here goes…
1. Where is your cell phone? It’s a mobile, not a cell phone. In America it may be a cell phone, but here it’s a mobile.
Umm, as for where mine is…. still in my work bag I believe. Actually I should take it out and turn it back off silent. I’m expecting a call…
2. Your significant other? At work. And probably will be for a while. My boyfriend has a thing for working late.
3. Your hair? Is sort of reddish brown. I used to hate it. These days I think it’s ok… some days at least.
4. Your mother? is in England I presume. I’d be quite worried if she wasn’t. My friends all think she’s brilliant cos she was only 20 when i was born so she’s still really cool, unlike there parents who like to play Bingo at the local working men’s club and would never drink cocktails in Spain with their daughters.
5. Your father? He’s in England too. Probably looking after my two year old brother. The man is insane!
6. Your favourite thing? it changes a lot. I have lots of favourite thing. Probably my most favourite thing of all is books though, closely followed by mashed potatoes. And currently I’m love with my new jumper. Jan bought me it last week and it’s very, very nice.
7. Your dream last night? I don’t remember dreaming. I just know I was woken up three times by the sound of my boyfriend grinding his teeth. Funnily enough I’ve been tired all day… again.
8. Your favorite drink? Orange Ribena. You can’t get it here though. Damn Germans depriving me of my favourite things…
9. Your dream/goal? As a ki I dreamed of being a writer. Now I’d settle for translating books. Apparantly there’s not much money in it though so I’d have to get rich first.
10. The room you’re in? That would be my room in the German student residence that I currently live in. It’s far too small for all the stuff I’ve accumulated over the two years I’ve been living here, and it’s the only room I have to live in. Regular readers will know that I’m fed up of it and really, really, really want to move out.
11. Your hobby? What, you think I have time for hobbies?? Well, alright I suppose blogging is a hobby. That then. And reading. Having to take a tram to work gives me time for that.
12. Your fear? Losing all my friends. Oh, and that I’ll never get married. I have visions of myself ending up as a mad cat lady with no family or friends. And I don’t even like cats, which makes it extra scary.
13. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Not living in this student residence for a start. Other than that.. who knows. It would be nice to wax lyrical about husbands and well paying jobs but then I’ll only be disappointed if it doesn’t happen.
14. What you’re not? Talented. At anything. Unless translation counts as a talent. Does it?
15. Muffins? What about them? they’re a kind of cake. I like the double chocolate ones, especially when they’re still warm and the chocolate chips inside are all soft and gooey.
16. One of your wish list items? Books. Lots and lots and lots of books. I have a list of books I want to read – it currently takes up about 10 A4 sheets of paper and I keep adding to it Or failing the books I’d settle for enough money to buy them all myself.
17. Where you grew up? All over the place. My dad was in the army. We never got sent to anywhere exciting though. Just northern Ireland for two years. But the place I consider home would be Northumberland. I moved there when I was 13 and it was the first place I’d ever lived by choice (my dad was out of the army by then and I moved up to live with him).
18. The last thing you did? Wrote the answer to the last question. Oh, you mean before that. Err, took a tram home from work. Exciting no?
19. What are you wearing? Dark grey work trousers, a polo neck and a brown jacket with fur around the hood. Oh yeah, and Snoopy socks.
20. Favorite gadget? Does a potato masher count as a gadget? Jan’s got one with two mashy bits, one that’s fixed at the bottom then a second one that moves towards the one at the bottom when you press down so the potatoes that have come through the first mashy bit get squished too. It’s brilliant.
21. Your pets? Ha! Like I’d be allowed any of them in a student residence!
22. Your computer? non-exisitent. Seriously, I don’t have one. This here belongs to the boyfriend.
23. Your mood? Is tired a mood? If not then no mood, they take up too much energy.
24. Missing someone? I live in Germany. Almost all my friends are in England. What do you think?
25. Your car? DOn’t have one of those. I can’t even drive. My mum’s been going on at me about learning for years but she’s not willing to pay for the bloody lessons is she.
26. Something you’re not wearing? A hat.
27. Favourite store? I can’t possibly answer that. There’s too many! I do like Tally Weijl though. And Nanu Nana.
28. Like someone? No, of course not. I hate everybody in the whooole world. Including myself. And my boyfriend. What kind of a daft question is that?
29. Your favourite colour? red
30. When is the last time you laughed? Earlier today, at the bosses dog. She’s only a puppy and very silly.