I wonder if wordpress will actually let me post something today instead of deciding to eat my carefully thought out words. Only one way to find out I suppose…
Here’s an update on what’s happening in the world of Bev.
- I’ve been at the new job one month today. I’m loving it so far. Everyone is nice, there’s lots for me to do and I can actually make mistakes without worrying that I may be (metaphorically) hung, drawn and quartered for it. Not that I purposely go out of my way to make mistakes or anything… but you know what i mean…
- The one bad thing about work is all the commuting. An hour’s train journey means having to get up at a ridiculous hour of the morning, meaning by the time it gets to Wednesday I’m exhausted (of course, it doesn’t help that I have a boyfriend who is incapable of coming home at a sensible time, meaning we rarely get to sleep before midnight). And by the time I’ve sat on the train for an hour in the evening there isn’t exactly much time left for me to have a life outside work. All this will (hopefully) change now though. I’ve been paid, so for October I have a ticket for the fast train. My travel time is now reduced to 20 minutes each way, meaning I get an extra half hour in bed. Yippee!
- My brother started university last week. He also turns 19 on Friday. I now feel old! Also, I haven’t managed to get him a present yet. Ooops.
- I needed to take 20 photos after work today to complete my photo challenge for this month. I managed to take 5, leaving me with a grand total of 35. I think it’s fairly safe to say I’ve failed this month. maybe 50 photos was a little over ambitious…
- My grandparents are having a party next friday to celebrate their golden wedding anniversary. After looking at what felt like a million airline’s websites, Jan and I have finally managed to book flights. We’re going via Amsterdam of all places. Why can’t somebody just start providing a direct flight from Southern Germany to Newcastle? It would make my life so much easier!
- Everyone seems to have gone baby mad at the moment! One of my dad’s cousins has just had a baby boy and I know 7 other people who are currently pregnant. 2 of those people are my dad’s cosuins. And another of his cousins is getting married in January. My family just will not stop growing! It’s almost like we’re trying to take over the world…
OK, I think that’s everything. And even if it isn’t I need to stop now so I can go and sort out some food. Hopefully Jan won’t be too much longer… it’s 10 past nine now and lunch time was soooo long ago…
8 thoughts on “Let’s try again…”
We WILL take over the world! We’ve already spread to Germany, Switzerland and USA -where next???
PLus it’s weird to think I’m your dad’s cousin, not yours!
Ah I’m glad you’re enjoying your job. Having the stresses you had at the previous one is so not fun not to mention unhealthy.
I’m glad you’re enjoying your new job and yay for fast trains!!!
WordPress really sucks that way, sometimes…done it to me before and I was RAVING MAD…
On another note – glad the job is going well. 🙂
Anna – I know, it is weird! My dad’s cousins should be like… old. But then I also have a brother who’s 23 years younger than me. We just weren’t meant to be a normal family 😉
I was going to say Australia in response to “where next” but then I realised we’ve got that one covered as well!
sleepyjane – thanks! I feel so lucky.
Ali – thanks. And yay indeed!
Jessica – I was too! I wanted to scream!
Good to hear your news about the work front and all going well. Im with you on the commuting thing, I did it in London for years and its a bit yaaawwwn..
I have been on a bit of a sabatical from blogging but am now back and very happy that I am. Thanks for your messages, I look forward to reading your updates!
pplongstocking – it is yaawwwn indeed, but much better now I can take the fast train. Good to see you back – I’ll be popping over soon to see what you’ve been up to.