The other day, I mentioned that I’m in the process of making a list of things to do before I turn 35. I had only got as far as number 20 and was looking for suggestions for the final 15. I decided to open the question up to Facebook as well and got quite an interesting response. Here are the suggestions I’ve been given so far, plus the occasional comment from me:
- Skydive → This one came up twice. I’m considering, but not sure yet.
- Learn a musical instrument → From someone very musical. I would have to think of something easy to learn. The tamberine could be about my level😉
- Take a cake decorating class → I like this one!
- Start a meetup club (book club, international club, young 30s group, whatever)
- Travel first class → Done before. Not actually that exciting.
- Run a 5k (or 10k or half marathon if you’ve done a 5k) → Hmm, I hate running!
- Go rock climbing
- Climb the Kilimanjaro
- Travel down the Yangtze River in China → Probably an amazing experience, but I’m in two minds about whether I want to go to China.
- Amazon rainforest or the place where the monks look after the tigers → From my sister. The latter would be the Tiger Temple in Thailand, I believe😉
- I’d put Russia or the trans Siberian there → A friend who is currently travelling the world. I have the Ukraine already – close enough?
- Soaring → A German writing in English. I’m guessing he means gliding.
- Australia → From my uncle’s partner. They live in Australia. This one is a possibility.
- Dive the Great Barrier Reef → From my uncle in Australia. He also comments “one of the best things I’ve done” and he’s done A LOT. Diving though… not sure.
- African safari → The same uncle. Before Australia, they owned a backpackers guest house in South Africa.
- The Postojnska cave in Slovenia (click the name to view the website) → This is sooo on the list! It looks AWESOME!
- Swim the entire length of the River Rhine → I hope this was meant as a joke. Either way it’s not happening!
I think if I actually wanted to do all these Ithink I will need a better paid job! But one with lots and lots of annual leave… does such a thing exist? I have got a few new ideas now though. Updated list will follow in a few days.