NOTE: I’ve had to schedule this post due to being away, so all statistics are as of 2 June 2013, when I wrote this post.
Today, 12 June 2013, marks five whole years since I started this blog! My first post was a simple introduction, and pretty boring if I’m honest. I like to think things have improved since then😉 (if nothing else, I’ve learned that images make a blog post much more appealing!) I had to wait a whole week after starting my blog for my first comment, which was on this post.
Here are some random facts about Confuzzledom:
As of right now, my blog has been viewed 41,106 times. That’s a lot of views!
Not including searches for “confuzzledom”, the top five search terms that have brought people to my blog are:
- I wouldn’t thank you for a valentine poem / I wouldn’t thank you for a valentine
- things to do when you are bored
- photo challenge list
- if you chase two rabbits you will lose them both
- postman poem
And my five most viewed posts are:
- I wouldn’t thank you for a Valentine
- Things to do when you’re bored
- Let’s write a poem for the postman
- Primark comes to Karlsruhe
- Two things to see in Rome
You can see the correlation with the search terms, can’t you?
The following searches have only led one or two people to my blog, but they never fail to amuse me. These are my five favourite search terms, in no particular order:
- I’ve got a headache, could I have drunk (Drunk what exactly? Poison? Beer? Melted yellow snow?)
- bahn bahntalkingg to me like i dumb (Based on your search, they may have a point…)
- Penis “market square” Tübingen (Dare I ask?)
- I must continue my quest to slay the red light (I liked this one so much, I even blogged about it)
- Are there trees tall enough that go in the clouds? (I’m not entirely sure why this one amuses me so much…)
I would also like to give an honourary mention to the word “brain” – not because it’s particularly amusing, but 35 people have found my blog by searching for it. They must have spent a lot of time clicking through Google results…
These are the five posts that have got the most comments, although I find the method of working out the numbers slightly unfair – WordPress includes the comments I make myself in the count (replies to other people’s comments I hasten to add. I haven’t quite reached the stage of having conversations with myself yet…)
- You Know You’re Turning German When
- I’m going to Ireland!
- The state of my relationship
- An award I don’t deserve
- Travel Tuesdays: Edinburgh
And I shall also include the following posts (although it makes the total number six) because it has the exact same number of comments as the last one in the above list – so technically, it’s joint fifth:
When I started this blog five years ago, I wasn’t expecting it to carry on for this long.
I originally started blogging via MSN spaces (which later became Windows live spaces) while I was in my final year of university. Basically, it was a way to procrastinate instead of getting on with my work. When I moved to Austria after graduation, I kept up with the blog as a way of keeping touch with friends back home, and also as a way to vent about how I was feeling – something I discovered to be an excellent alternative to actually having close friends around me to speak to.
That blog is long gone now (it was deleted when live spaces ceased to exist – stupidly I never did take the boyfriend’s advice and download what I’d written on there!), and this one has been going for a whole five years! I always thought that I’d some point I would grow out of blogging – back then, I thought blogs were only for teenagers, and childish twenty-somethings like me, who still read children’s books and had no idea what they wanted from life. Since then, I’ve got to know some amazing people, discovered that there is a place in the blogging world for people from all age groups and walks of life and realised that revealing my inner thoughts to the Internet is an excellent way to keep myself sane!
At nearly 30 years old, I still have no idea where my life is going, but whaetever happens in the future, I hope my blog (and all you lovely readers) will be right there with me. Here’s to the next 5 years!