You’re probably all pretty sick of hearing about my wisdom teeth operation now – I know I’m sick of posting about it! But when you’re stuck in the house ill, nothing blogworthy tends to happen… so I thought it was time to share some more odd Duolingo sentences with you. To see my first round, click here.
DuoLingo is a free language learning website. The basic idea is that you sign up and the site has you translate sentences to practice various areas of grammar and vocabulary, starting with basics and moving on through things like food, animals and adjectives. I’ve been collecting the ones that I found particularly strange or amusing, and now I have enough for a whole blog post again. Here they are… enjoy!
Der Hund isst den Vogel – The dog eats the bird (Because it wants to be a cat?)
- Sie kennt die komplette Feuerwehr – She knows the entire fire brigade (Is she an arsonist… or does she just have a thing for firemen?)
- Das sind keine normalen Äpfel! – Those are not normal apples! (I bet Snow White wishes someone had said that to her…)
- Eure Kuh ist schön – Your cow is nice (Just making small talk…)
- Der Bär trägt Ihre Kleider – The bear is wearing your clothes* (… and now they will never fit you again!)
- Ein roter Hund trägt weiße Kleider – A red dog is wearing white clothes (A red dog, you say?)
- Ich bin der Bär – I am the bear (And you can talk…)
- Der gesamte Kopf ist blau – The entire head is blue (It’s a Smurf!)
- Die öffentlichen Toiletten sind normal – The public toilets are normal (Well, that’s a relief…)
- Ich danke einer Katze – I thank a cat (It’s only polite, after all…)
That’s all for today. I hope you got some amusement out of them…