Oh, hi there!
Apologies forthe radio silence over the past couple of days… I’ve been given a big translation job at work which will keep me busy right up until we close for Christmas and actually means I need to do overtime for the next two weeks for there to be any chance of meeting the deadline. The result of this is a) I’m notdoing anything worth posting about and b) I have neither the time nor energy to think of other things to post about. I can’t even do a recipe post for you because I’m cooking while doing other things, so it’s just a case of chucking a few ingredients in a pan then running from the room to get on with sorting washing/writing Christmas cards/doing more work. No time to take food photos! Soooo, to tide you over for the time being, here are a few links to things that have caght my interest lately:
Amanda at Rhyme and Ribbons made these Brownie Cookies with Salted Toffee Cream Filling and now I NEED to make some too. I mean, just look at them! If there is a heaven, I’m pretty sure those are in it!
- This BBC article on “murdering” robots raises some interesting points. Could you harm a cute toy robot after first spending an hour playing with it and teaching it about the world?
- Three Newcastle players made the Premier League Team of the Week – nice to see us getting some credit after the match report seemed to focus almost entirely on the Man U’s struggles while ignoring their opponent’s performance!
- This link that my colleague sent me about the difference between American and British English literally made me laugh out loud. Salty harrumph! Hahaha.
- This autocomplete map of the UK is quite amusing as well. Apparantly Edinburgh is a mad God’s dream. LOL. Not impressed by “Newcastle is a hole” though! It was inspired by this autocomplete map of the United States.
- Check out what these naughty dogs did. It’s hilarious!
That’s all for today. I hope I’ll be back with a real post soon! In the mean time feel free to share any interesting links of your own in the comments box…