I thought it might be fun to take a look at my most-viewed posts and top search terms over the past year. Stats are always fascinating… especially search terms. Here’s what I discovered:
My top 5 posts in 2013*:
- I Wouldn’t Thank You for a Valentine. This is always my most popular post, and I suspect most of the people who view it are GCSE pupils looking for help with their coursework. Instead they get my ramblings on Valentine’s Day. Maybe that will teach them to do their own work in future! This post got 444* views this year… what a great number!
- Primark comes to Karlsruhe. Still going strong after more than a year! This post has had 242 views for this post since 18 December 2013.
- Neighbourhoods Around the World –Karlsruhe. Thanks to Annabelle at the Piri-Piri Lexicon for this link up. This post has gained a whole 162* views since I posted it in October!
- Turkey mince and vegetable pasta bake. I had no idea so many people were stuck for ideas on what to do with turkey mince and vegetables!
- You know you’re turning German when… I’m glad this one made the top five (even if it was only just) because it’s one of my favourite posts I’ve written. And it’s still sooo true… all of it!
And now my top 5 search terms*. You can see how they match the top posts…
- Primark Karlsruhe
- I wouldn’t thank you for a valentine/I wouldn’t thank you for a valentine poem
- give me something to do
- turkey mince pasta bake
Nothing particularly interesting there… all the good search terms are one offs. But it’s nice to see what brings most visitors to my site. I wonder whether the “Confuzzledom” searchers were actually looking for me or wondering about the word confuzzledom?
And because the above wasn’t particularly interesting, here are five of my favourite search terms that have found me this year (not in order though, because that would be too hard!):
- If sneezles were wishes
- squishy wiggly
- squirter jan jo
- I must continue my quest to slay the red light (actually, this may be my favourite search term ever!)
- u bearble bitch making me sick
*Statistics as of 18th December when I wrote this post
Over to you… tell me about 2013 on your blog!
~Please note that I am currently still in England and this is a scheduled post. I will reply to any comments as soon as possible~