It’s quiz night again tonight, and I don’t have anything much to talk about, so it’s time for another ten random facts that you may or may not have already known. Welcome to the seventh edition of my occasional series, Tuesday Trivia!
1. The national animal of Mauritius is the Dodo. The island of Mauritius is the only place that the Dodo is known to have lived.
2. There are volcanoes on Mars. The largest of them is Olympus Mons, which is Latin for Mount Olympus.
3. JPEG (as in the file format for pictures) stands for Joint Photographic Experts Group. PMG is Portable Network Graphics.
4. The kiwi fruit is also known as the Chinese gooseberry
5. A dog’s normal body temperature is 101 degrees Fahrenheit, or 38°C.
6. Octopus blood is blue.
7. In Greek mythology, Hades (God of the Underworld) is the brother of both Zeus (God of the Sky and Thunder) and Poseidon (God of the Sea).
8. The highest value Euro bank note in circulation is €500
9. There are 1440 minutes in a day.
10. Nomophobia is the fear of being out of mobile phone contact. The term, an abbreviation for “no-mobile-phone phobia”, was coined during a study by the UK Post Office.
That’s all for today. I hope you enjoyed my little list of facts. Now, wish us luck in the quiz 😉
22 thoughts on “Trivia Tuesday #7”
Have fun at the quiz tonight! After my first pub quiz a few weeks ago I am hooked they are so fun!
Thanks. Quiz night is always fun 🙂
I love these facts. I did not know that octopus blood is blue. Need to look up why. Thanks for sharing!
It’s to do with a pigment in their blood. We have haemoglobin… they have something else.
And that’s one phobia I haven’t got. Phew.
Considering how often I leave my mobile phone at home, I’m pretty sure I’m in no danger od eveloping that phobia 😀
There’s a reading on nomophobia in one of my English books 😉
Really? I’d never even heard of it before!
Neither had I before that! Did you win? 😉
Ha! No. We were terrible.
Hate when that happens 😉
Enjoy trivia tonight! My hubby used to go to trivia on Tuesday nights as we’ll he even ran the show fore awhile! 😃
Ooh, fun! My dad used to be a quiz master.
I love pub quizzes! I didn’t know any of these facts though! I liked JPEG- that’s a useful bit of trivia! x
I suspect Jan already knew what JPEG stands for (he’s a computer scientist), but in case it ever comes up in a quiz when he’s not there… 😉
Good luck! I was going to try and make it as a customer tonight but just no energy!
Thanks! I’m so tired… but the quiz HAS to be done!
I think I have nomophobia. Don’t tell anyone.
Sure, no problem. Go away other readers… nothing to see here 😉
I had to laugh at the last one – nomophobia. I had no idea there was a name for it! I don’t suffer from it myself, but I bet there’s a huge number of people who do.
I’m sure there’s a “hot dog” joke somewhere in #5, if only I could find it…
I used to think I was smart, until I started going to pub quiz here in Regensburg. Not so much any more. I never know anything they’re asking unless it’s about television. ::sigh::