I’ve been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award again! Many thanks to The Erlangen Expat. Go and check out her blog and read all about the expat life (much more than you’ll ever find here, anyway). I especially like her post “My life is not a holiday…” YES! Take note, people who have never left their home country… life abroad is far from being one big holiday! We do have to work in our chosen countries of residence, you know! (And shop and clean and deal with Internet providers…)
The Versatile Blogger Award is given to blogs that are considered to have a good quality of writing, a level of love displayed in their posts, good photography, and for the uniqueness of their posts.
In order to accept this award, you have to –
- Thank the person who nominated you for this award
- Link to the persons blog
- Nominate 15 people for this award and let them know you’ve nominated them
- Write 7 facts about yourself
15 is a lot, especially considering I’ve given out this award before. Eeep! Please, nobody be annoyed at being tagged. You don’t actually have to do it if you don’t want to! Here are my nominees:
Amanda from Rhyme and Ribbons
Charlotte Steggz (formerly of Serbet and Sparkles.. check out her fancy new blog!)
Elaine from I used to be indecisive…
Katrin from Land of Candycanes
Nina, aka Indie Rock Kid
Lady of the Cakes
Angelle at She Drives a Vegetable Car
Manda from Break the Sky
And that’s it. Yes, I know I’ve only nominated 10 bloggers, but so many of the others I would have chosen have been nominated already. *Sigh*. Anyway… now I’m supposed to give you seven facts about myself. SEVEN! Do you know how difficult that is, especially considering I basically put everything about myself on the blog anyway. *Sigh* Okay, here goes… I do apologise if you’ve read any of this before…
- I used to be able to quote the film The Lion King by heart thanks to my younger brother. I still know most of the songs and can quote huge chunks of the text. Luckily it’s actually a good film!
- I would eat potatoes every day if peeling and chopping them wasn’t so annoying.
- I have no willpower when it comes to chocolate… I might think I’m only going to eat a square or two, but before I know it half the bar is gone.
- I would love a pet, but the idea of having to clean out a cage (or cat litter tray) all the time puts me off, so the only animal I would consider is a dog… I can take them outside to do their business! (Yes, there might be accidents, but that would be one off cleaning, not All. The. Time. Yes, I’m lazy…)
- I only started using a smartphone last year (and it’s a BlackBerry which some would say isn’t even a real smartphone). Before that, I used my old dumb Nokia mobile for 10 years. I still would be using it if it hadn’t got soaked in Ireland and stopped working properly.
- I will only drink coke if it’s mixed with alcohol (vodka, Bacardi, Tia Maria…). I can’t stand the taste of pure coke.
- I’m a quick reader and usually have up to 4 books on the go at one time. One of those is usually something non-fiction… the only exception to the quickness. I take forever to get through most non-fiction books, even if I actually find them interesting. I presume it’s because there’s no story for me to get involved in.
Phew, made it! Sorry if I’ve bored you, but nobody said my facts had to be interesting… just random 😉