Today is my final day at work before a week off… and on Sunday I fly to Taiwan! Very exciting – although I’m not sure I’m looking forward to 13 hours of planes plus four hours of Dubai airport all by myself!. I’m sure I’ll survive though. In the meantime, here are this week’s Friday letters:
Dear child on the train. Yes, I know my teeth a wonky, thanks. Apparantly you don’t know it’s rude to point that out though! At nine, you should really know better than to make personal remarks.
Dear flat. I’ve done at least a little bit of tidying/cleaning every day this week, so why do you still look like a tornado went through you? Looks like tomorrow is going to be taken up entirely with packing and housework so we at least get to come home to a semi-decent looking place!
Dear work. You have once again been insane for the past few weeks. Much as I enjoy my job, I am sooo looking forward to an entire week of no translations!
Dear flights. Please be kind! If I’m going to be stuck on planes for half a day, I’d really rather it was without turbulence.
Dear tickly throat and occasional sneezed. Don’t even think about turning into a full-blown cold just in time for my holiday! Pre-emptive Lemsip will definitely be consumed tonight…
Dear boyfriend. Can’t wait to see you again!
Dear readers. Have a great weekend and don’t get into any trouble while I’m away 😉
And now here are some links for you:
- A new ex-pat in Germany blogger find (actually, she found me) wrote this post about seeing the positive in every-day annoyances. I love it!
- I found this article about names on Jordan’s blog and just had to share as well. Names fascinate me!
- Just look at these fairy gardens made from broken plant pots! They make me wish I had a garden (or at least a balcony) so I could make one too.
- My friend sent me this photo of a kitten that looks like a red panda. I don’t know if it’s real, but I want it!! I mean, I’m really more of a dog person, but I don’t care. I WANT THIS KITTY!
- I think I’ve found the card I’m giving my boyfriend for our next anniversary. It’s hilarious!!
- Kaelene at Unlocking Kiki has some great tips for making friends abroad (or actually most of them would work for making friends anywhere)
Ok, that’s it. Those should be enough to keep you entertained for a while anyway 😉