Wow, a blog award… I’m pretty sure it’s been literally years since I last did one of these! I was nominated by the lovely Chomeuse with a Chou – if you don’t know her blog definitely go and read it. She’s an amazing writer!
The Sunshine Blogger award is given by bloggers to bloggers who inspire positivity and creativity in the blogging community. As always, there are rules.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you in your blog post and link back to the blog.
Thank you, thank you, thank you! (Link up there ^)
2. Answer 11 questions that the Blogger asked you.
3. Nominate 11 new bloggers to receive the awards and write them 11 questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine blogger award logo in your post on your blog.
Done and done 🙂
- Why did you start your blog?
Short answer: to clear my mind of all my random thoughts (see tagline). Slightly longer answer: My first blog was an MSN space (later MSN Live Space) that came with my e-mail address. I started using it out of curiosity, having no real idea what it was. Later, I used it to blog during my time in Austria, as a way to keep friends in the loop about what was happening over there. I started this blog shortly after I moved back to Germany. I was bored, basically friendless and my boyfriend was busy writing his Diplom (German version a Master’s) thesis, so I started a new blog to keep myself occupied and get my thoughts out of my brain.
- What are your favourite things to do (when you aren’t blogging, of course)?
Read, obviously. If you’ve read even one post on this blog you’ll probably know that 😉 Other than that cross stitch, travel and eat.
- If you could only visit one place, where would you go?
Japan – assuming this means visit one place on holiday and not if you choose anywhere other than “home” you never get to go and see your family ever again 😉
- Do you have a favourite post from your blog?
Ooh, umm.. difficult one. I enjoyed writing this one: https://confuzzledom.wordpress.com/2014/08/25/the-best-or-worst-of-denglish/
- What is your favourite book? (If it is far too difficult to choose, who is your favourite author?)
Do you really think favourite author is any easier than favourite book? Both faaar too difficult! If forced to choose I would say Terry Pratchett (with massive apologies to Stephen King, Joanne Harris, Michael Bond and Agatha Christie!). Book is literally impossible.
- What are your goals for your blog?
I don’t have any really. Just to keep going with it for as long as it makes me happy.
- Which three possessions would you grab in the event of fire?
Nick (my stuffed mouse who I’ve had since I was born – you can see him at the end of this post, although these days he no longer lives in the bed due to a hole that I’m afraid might grow), my passport, and the only photo of my step-mum I own.
- Do you live in the town or country where you were born?
If you’ve read even one word of my blog you should know the answer to that 😉 No, no I don’t.
- Do you have any unusual phobias?
I don’t like ironing because I’m afraid of burning either myself or the clothes. SO pretty much I have a phobia of the iron (as opposed to iron the metal). Is that unusual enough?
- Do you speak another language?
German. Plus the tiniest bit of Spanish.
- If you could chat to any person in history (real or literary) who would you choose?
If we’re talking famous people, Beatrix Potter. Otherwise my Ukrainian great grandmother.
Here are my questions:
- What is the best book you’ve read so far in 2018?
- If you could have any animal as a pet what would it be? (In this imaginary scenario you have the perfect conditions to keep it happy and healthy and there is no danger of being eaten)
- What food could you happily eat every day?
- What is your favourite thing about the place you live?
- Where were you born?
- Are you eating or drinking anything right now?
- What is one talent you wish you had?
- Do you have a favourite board game?
- What is your favourite thing about blogging?
- What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
- If you won a large sum of money, what’s the first thing you would do?
Now to nominate people. Feel free to not do it and please don’t hate me 😉
Kristen from See You in a Porridge
Shazza from Sunshine and Celandines
Audrey from Life as Louise
Elaine from I Used to Be Indecisive…
Beth from Ami in Schwabenland
Heather from Heather goes Deutsch
Jessica from Ever the Crafter
Steven from Sunshine. Whimsy. Tacos.
Lyndsay from Our Girl in Zurich (who is currently away on an adventure in South America, but will hopefully answer my questions on her return after Easter)
Sorry, that’s only ten. Everyone else I can think of us has been nominated already or doesn’t really read my blog. If you made it this far, I hope you enjoyed this little insight into me!