I know I did this fairly recently, but I was nominated a second time by Confessions of an Irish Procrastinator WEEKS ago and I feel bad that I haven’t answered her questions yet.
The rules, in case you forgot already:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for a blog post and links back to their blog.
Thank you! I am truly honoured that you think my blog is worthy of this award.
2. Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4. Display the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
Here are my answers:
- What’s your favourite animal and why?
I like lots of animals. I’m going to be really unimaginative and say a dog though. They’re just so loving and seem to truly like their owners no matter what. Nobody is ever as happy to see you as a dog!
- If you had to be a character in any book who would you be?
Oooh, that’s a good question… but also a difficult one. I think I would like to be Susan Sto Helit (aka Susan Death) from the Discworld books. She is, quite simply, awesome! Plus I would get to meet Death.
- What habit would you like to kick?
Leaving things lying around. I need to make sure everything has a place and then put things in that place, even if it means taking a detour into another room.
- What would you like to achieve before the year is out?
The main thing I want to achieve isn’t for the blog, so I’ll give another boring answer. I’d like to lose 2-3 kg.
- If you could live in any known fictional land (for example Wonderland or Narnia) where would you live?
Aah, I want to say Discworld but that seems like cheating after picking a Discworld character for question one! Okay, Narnia. After the White Witch is defeated, obviously.
- What uplifting thought or quote you do you live your life by?
Try to live by would be more accurate! “Be so happy that when others look at you they become happy too!”. I don’t know if that’s actually a quote or who said it, but I bought a postcard with it on and stuck it inside my front door so every time I leave the flat I see it and try to act on it.
- Share one thing that makes you really happy.
This is going to sound really weird, but the River Rhine in Basel. Even on a cold, grey, rainy, miserable day, walking across the Rhine never fails to make me feel happy and… hopeful, I guess? No matter what’s happening, at that moment I feel like eventually everything will turn out okay in the end. I don’t remember a place in Karlsruhe ever having that effect and it makes me really glad we decided to move here. See, I told you it was weird!
- Share something you’re proud of.
My Master’s dissertation. I wrote it about the translation of children’s literature and got 70% for it. (I actually got a higher mark for my Bachelor’s dissertation but I feel like a Master’s dissertation is more of an achievement so…)
- Do you have any unusual party tricks?
Hmm… no. Not that I can think of.
- Who’s your favourite band?
Finally an easy one. Green Day
- If you could fly or be invisible which would you choose?
I think fly… assuming I could fly really fast over long distances it would be a useful skill for getting to England in a hurry if necessary.
I’m actually going to cheat and not nominate anybody because I’ve already done it once recently and can’t think of anyone else, but I will give you 11 questions and if anyone feels like answering them please feel free to say I nominated you for the award!
- What is your most treasured possession and why?
- What would be your dream job?
- What was the last film you watched?
- What was your favourite subject in school?
- What’s your favourite thing about yourself?
- Have you ever been told you resemble someone famous? Who was it?
- Do you snore?
- If you could learn to transform into an animal (but only one) which animal would you choose?
- What’s your favourite cartoon?
- What was your favourite film as a child?
- If there was a film about your life, what would it be called?
Feel free to pick one or more questions and answer them in the comments if you don’t want to do the whole thing 🙂