There are lists all over the blogosphere of things people want to do before turning 30 years old – it seems to be the magic (or rather opposite of magic) number that makes people panic and suddenly realise they’re getting old.
Since I’m turning 30 in only a little over 6 months (eeeeek!) and I’m already doing my 30 German towns before 30 challenge, I decided to leap straight onto the 35 before 35 bandwagon. Anything to help me feel like I’ve achieved something in my life!
I haven’t managed to complete my list yet – thinking of 35 things is actually pretty difficult! But here’s what I have so far. You may notice that some of them were taken from my list of 101 things to do in 1001 days, which I failed to finish. Hopefully I’ll have better luck with this challenge!
- Visit the Ukraine
- Eat fondue in Switzerland
- Learn Spanish
- See another musical (possibly Phantom of the Opera)
- Get over my fear of sewing machines and learn to use one
- Travel round Britain again
- Complete a cross stitch picture for myself
- Do 3 OU courses
- Make cheesecake
- Go whale watching
- Spend a night in a 5 star hotel and order room service
- Ride in a hot air balloon
- Read (or re-read) 50 non-fiction books
- Go back to Austria and finally try Marillenknödel
- Read 20 books in German
- Spend New Year on Madeira and see the fireworks display (it previously held the record for the world’s largest!)
- See a Shakespeare play (not performed by Oddsocks)
- Bake 10 different kinds of biscuits
- Find a recipe for garlic soup and make it
- Attend a world cup rugby match
So there you have it. I need 15 more. Ideas anyone? NOT bungee jumping – I will never, ever do that! I’m willing to consider most other things though. Once I have all 35 I’ll make a page where I can cross things off.
Oh, and immediately after starting to make my list, I remembered that the amazing Thoughtsy from Thoughts Appear is doing her very own 35 before 35 challenge (having previously completed 30 before 30 – I told you she was amazing!). I swear, I didn’t steal this idea from you, Thoughtsy 😉