I was nominated for this award back in March and am only now getting round to posting it on my blog. *Ashamed*. Thank you Briana! I am honorued. Now everybody go and check out her blog, A Beautiful Life.
To accept the award, the rules are as follows:
- Provide a link and thanks to the bloggers who nominated you
- Answer 10 questions
- Nominate 10 blogs that you find a joy to read
- Provide links to blogs and inform the recipients that they have been nominated
- Include the award logo within post
- Who is a woman from history that you respect? From history? Oooh, that’s difficult. I think I’m going to say Helen Keller. She proved that any obstacle can be overcome with enough determination.
- Why is your blog’s name your blog’s name? Confuzzled means confused and confuzzledom can mean either a combination of confuzzled and kingdom (the kingdom of confusion!) or the state of being confuzzled… a perfect description of my brain most of the time! Plus I like the sound of the word.
- What book are you reading right now? A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving. I’ve literally just started so I have no idea if it’s any good.
- What’s your favorite drink? Homemade lemonade (when I can be bothered to make it), Dandelion & Burdock and, if we’re talking alcohol, Tia Maria mixed with orange juie. It’s called an Orange Sartie and it tastes AMAZING! Ooh, and I can’t forget a nice cup of tea (with milk, of course)… I am English after all
- Which is your favorite method of transport? I think train. Before moving to Germany I never took the train, ever. Now I take one to work every day. But what I love most about it is you can get on in Germany and then off again in a completely different country. France, the Netherlands, the Czech Republic… even after 6 years in Germany (plus one in Austria) I never fail to find this amazing!
- What is your favorite food? You are kidding, right? ONE favourite food? There’s no possible way I can choose between potatoes, cheese and a nice big plate of curry with poppadoms!
- Do you ever sing in the shower? Occasionally… but I usually get distracted by the sound of the water
- Are you wearing socks right now? This is a rather odd question, but yes, in fact I am. They’re black with stars on (have I ever mentioned that I have a slight obsession with stars?…)
- If you could be given any gift, what would it be? This one is haaard, and is part of the reason I’ve taken so long to post this! I’m going to say my own library.. not a lending library, but the kind with shelves full of books and comfy sofas (preferably in red) for spending hours curled up reading in. Oh, and there would have to be a desk as well, with an old globe on it, of course. You can be given a library as a gift, right?
- When you have 30 minutes of free time, how do you pass it? Either on WordPress, on Facebook or frantically trying to complete a cross stitch picture… could people please stop getting married and having babies and give me a chance to catch up?!
And now for my nominations…
- Janey at Is That You, Darling?
- Heather at Heather Goes to Deutschland
- Elaine at I used to be indecisive
- Svenja at Happy Bluebird
- Ari at The Pace of It All
- Heather (a different one) at Fiery and Opinionated
- Rachael at The Pink Rachael (I really hope she takes part – I swear this girl is like my blogging twin. We feel the same about sooo many issues and I need to see her answers!)
- Fay at Fly on the Wall
- Sarah at Working Berlin Mum
- And finally, the wonderful Katyboo
I know not everybody likes to do these things, and I won’t be offended if you decide not to… but if you do take part please let me know. I would love to read your answers!
So Lu from Moose Noose gave me an award back in.. errrm… September(!!) which I’ve failed to actually post on here until now. Oops! Not even sure I deserve it any more after ignoring it for so long. But here it is anyway, the Verstile Blogger Award:
This award isn’t just there to look pretty. There are rules to this game, too…
- Thank the person who gave you the award. That’s just common courtesy, that is.
I believe I did, in fact, thank Lu when she first gave me the award, but after all this time she deserves to be thanked again. Publically. Thank you Lu!
- Include a link to their blog.
Done. Look up there ^.
- Share seven random facts about yourself.
Will do, once I’ve finished with the rules.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and share a link to their site.
15? I’m not even sure I know that many! But I shall give it a go…
First, seven random facts about myself. A difficult one, this. Those of you who’ve been reading for a while probably know pretty much everything that’s even vaguely interesting already, but I have had a few new readers recently so at least these will (hopefully) be new to them. Regular readers, I apologise now if I repeat myself…
- Once I start reading a book, I feel compelled to read it to the end even if I don’t like it. The book I’ve come closest to not finishing is Wuthering Heights. I got it for Christmas when I was about 14 and 7 year and 4 attempts later, I finally finished it, then immediately gave it to a charity shop
- I love garlic! I would eat it every day if I could. I’ve wanted to go to Tallinn, Estonia ever since I heard there’s a garlic restaurant there. (That’s a perfectly good reason for wanting to go somewhere, right?)
- I also love potatoes and cheese. Any meal containing garlic, potatoes and cheese would be my idea of heaven! (Garlic and Cheddar mashed potatoes anyone?)
- I am currently obsessed with owls. I also like hedgehogs, tortoises, red pandas and seahorses.
- I actually enjoy writing letters, as in with an actual pen and paper. E-mails, on the other hand, I am useless at. I’ll read them, make a note to come back and reply later, then forget about them for months and months.
- I sometimes wish my commute to work was longer, so I could continue reading my book. Strangely I never think this on the way home…
- I would LOVE to be able to sew, but I am terrifed of sewing machines and my hand stitching is a) slow and b) messy
I believe that is seven. Now I have to nominate people…
– Tina at Kulturschock
– Katyboo (who I’m sure will already have had it, but deserves to have it again, and again, and again…)
– Working Berlin Mum
– Thoughtsy at Thoughts Appear (who again has probably already had it several times, but see note for Katyboo…)
– Charlotte from Sherbet and Sparkles
– Alex at Ifs, ands & Butts
– Jessica at Booshy
– Svenja at Happybluebird
– Elaine at I used to be indecisive…
– Sam at Wie sagt man…?
– Eating Wiesbaden (and Mainz)
– JP of Pining Liwasan
And that is 15. Phew! If you don’t do the blogging award thing, please accept my apologies and ignore this post. For the rest of you, I’m looking forward to reading your seven facts! And now I have more gifts to wrap… I’ll be glad when they’re all done and winging their merry way to England, to be honest.
Apparantly I am a prolific blogger. At least Pinklea thinks so. She even gave me an award. Look! Isn’t it fabulous?
The two definitions I found for prolific are 1) intellectually productive, as in prolific writer, or 2) producing abundant works or results. Well, I can’t say my blog posts have been particularly intellectual or abundant lately (stupid boxes wanting to be unpacked and furniture wanting to be put together), but I shall take it as a cue to get things back on track. I can’t promise to be particularly intellectual – I’m not sure I’ve ever been that – but I can do abundance. Oh yes!
Anyway, the rules say I have to link to the person who gave me this award. I’ve done that bit – up there. You see where it says Pinklea? Click it! She’s very entertaining. I’m also supposed to link to this website, which explains what the prolific blogger award actually is. Thirdly, I have to add my blog to “Mr Linky’s Magical Widget” (I swear I didn’t make that up!). Aaand finally, I have to pass the award on to seven other bloggers who I feel are deserving of this award. Sooo, here goes. Apologies if any of you have had it before. Obviously it just goes to show how fabulously awesome you all are. And now if the following bloggers would please step up and receive their award…
Over to you guys! I’m going to bed to prepare for my return to work tomorrow after a whole week off. Good night all.
One of my friend sent me a request on Facebook to take part in something called Dragon Wars. The only comment I feel I can make to that is why??? Some people clearly have too much time on their hands…
So today is not Friday. Yes, I’m sure you’re all aware of that. I just thought I’d remind myself. You see I’ve spent all day convinced that it was, then feeling incredibly disappointed whenever I remembered that I actually have one more day at work before the weekend. *Sigh*. I like my job but I could really do with a holiday. A proper one I mean. One where I actually get to relax, rather than a 3 day trip home, complete with 9 hour stay at Dublin airport and 10 billion activities to cram in to 72 hours.
So apart from not being Friday today has been a rainy day in the land of the Deutsch. In my part of the land anyway. Actually it’s been chucking it down since 11 o’clock last night, which was ok when I was indoors. Not so good when I missed the 12 minutes past 5 tram home and had to wait 10 minutes for the next one. Luckily I was catching my tram from the side of the station where the roof doesn’t leak. Unfortunately it was that type of rain that’s so slanted it’s practically horizontal, meaning I got wet anyway. So that was fun.
On a brighter (but not necessarily more sunny) note: I got an award.
Look! Isn’t it pretty!
I got it from the very lovely sleepyjane whose blog you can visit either by clicking on her name or using the link on my blogroll. Go on, go. You really should, she’s very entertaining.
And now I believe I’m supposed to pass it on to other people. Sooo…. Katyboo, Welsh Girl and Hails, this one’s for you. Go share the love.
And now I have to figure out what I’m going to make for tea tonight. Whatever it is there needs to be another to feed me and the boyfriend with some to spare for tomorrow’s lunch…