I currently don’t have the energy to write a coherent blog post on a single topic, so instead here are some thoughts/musings and little snippets that I wanted to get out there but that aren’t long enough for a post of their very own. Yes, it’s another bullet point-y list. And no, I do not apologise 😉
- Yesterday I had to stop at the baker’s for breakfast because we’d run out of yoghurts. I bought something called a Crossy Donut, which I assume to be this particular cheap bakery’s take on the cronut. I can’t say I was impressed! Once I got past the sugar on the outside, all I could taste was grease, and by the time I’d eaten it all I actually felt a bit sick. Not the best way to start the day! I certainly won’t be subjecting myself to one of those again.
- What happens to nail files? I swear I must have bought at least 50 emery boards since we moved in to our flat, but when I need one there are never any to be found! I swear The Borrowers are real and one day I’m going to discover one living in a little house made of emery boards!
- I don’t understand how counting sheep is supposed to help with falling asleep. Picturing sheep I can sort of understand, as long as you picture them doing something monotonous, like streaming through a gate. Watch that for long enough and you’ll soon be hypnotised to sleep. But the minute I start trying to count sheep (or anything else for that matter), my brain switches back on and I’m more awake than before. Does this happen to anyone else or am I just weird?
- One of the flats in my building is occupied by some (I presume) first year students. I bumped into one of them by the mailboxes the other day and he said “Sie” to me (the formal version of “you”). I feel old!
- I forgot to put my hat on when I left for work yesterday, so of course it was the first time in months that I’d seen frost on the ground. Today I remembered said hat and it was back up to 6°C. *Sigh*
- I gave Jan his anniversary present last night, and no it wasn’t a tin of anything. 😉 I bought him tickets to see Pearl Jam in Vienna this June, so provided he doesn’t end up having a conference or anything that week I’ll be going back to Austria this year 😀 Also, thanks for the many congratulations. If you commented and I haven’t replied yet, I promise to get round to you soon.
That’s it for today. I have loads of work to do (again!), and it’s about time I got started.