Hello! It appears to be Friday again… that’s come around fast! After today, I have a mere three weeks left at work before I’m off for the holidays. Cue the annual Christmas panic! I did manage to get a couple of the cross stitch pictures I’ve been working on made up into cards yesterday, including one that needs to go all the way to New Zealand for my cousin, so at least I can that sent off this weekend and it might arrive before Christmas! I can’t think of anything else to say about this week. Here, have some letters.
Dear Good Reads. You are far too tempting. I want to read ALL your books!
Dear Christmas markets. Woohoo, you’re open! Glühwein here I cooooome!
Dear cold. I can feel you lurking, but I am NOT going to give in to you! I have a culinary tour of Karlsruhe to go to tomorrow and I am definitely attending. It cost me too much to let a little cold get in the way of it!
Dear Christmas. You are approaching way too fast and I have no idea when I’m supposed to fit in all my gift buying and get everything wrapped and taken to the post office!
Now for some links:
- Did you realise that The Police’s “Every Breath You Take” is actually told from the point of view of a stalker? Many people think it’s a nice love song, and it’s even been played at weddings. Oops! Find out about that and more misunderstood songs in this BBC Culture article
- Ever wondered what Disney princes look like naked? Me neither, but when somebody shared this link on Facebook I obviously couldn’t resist clicking on it. Then I nearly died laughing. You’re welcome!
- Thinking of a career in Translation? Young Germany will tell you how to get started.
- As soon as Christmas is over and I have some time to myself again, I need to cross stitch this picture of Toothless from How to Train Your Dragon. All together now: Awww!
- Planning a trip to Iceland? Then you won’t want to miss Kaelene’s 10 must-see places in Iceland. I will definitely be referring back to this for our trip to Iceland this New Year (and also the rest of her blog… as an American in Iceland, she has so many excellent tips!)
- If you’re in our near London, you need to go and check out the Paddington Bear sculpture trail! It’s on until the end of the year and I’m gutted that I won’t get to see it.
- This post by Lady of the Cakes on how to start reading in a foreign language is great! (And a reminder to me that I need to start reading in Spanish at some point…)
Phew, lots of links this time. That should make up for not having any last week. Have a great weekend everyone! And enjoy the Christmas markets, if you’re going.