Katyboo told me to do this. Well, she didn’t actually tell me to do it, she tagged everyone. But I am part of everyone, therefore I must do it. Because… well… look, it’s my blog. Don’t ask questions ok?
Anyway, the idea is the bold bits are the original meme. You then have to finish the sentences in your own way. Oh, and your supposed to tag some people to do it after you as well. I don’t actually know anyone to tag though, so I shall follow Katy’s example and just tag anyone who happens to stumble across this post. If you read that last sentence and haven’t done the meme already you now have to do it. Because I said so. Mwah-ha-ha.
And now, without further ado….
The Finishey-Sentencey Meeeeeem
1. My uncle once: ran away from home and slept in his car for a month. At least I think it was a month. He’s a bit strange my uncle. In fact my whole family is a bit strange. You have been warned.
2. Never in my life: Have I been to Canada. I would love to go though – wanna take me?
3. When I was five: I was just alive. Or so A.A Milne would like me to think. I actually have no idea what I was doing when I was five. I think that was around the time my parents got divorced. Or was that when I was four? Either way I was a lot shorter than I am now, and probably a lot less cynical.
4. High school was: Crap. The only good thing about it was my friends, and I didn’t have many of them. The whole place was bursting with charvas (or chavs as the rest of the country calls them). I’m surprised I managed to get any education at all.
5. I will never forget: My name. At least I hope not.
6. Once I met: a talking cat. His name was Sam. It was in one of those books you can order for your kids where they fill in the blanks with the name of your choice. For years I believed the story had been written especially for me.
7. There’s this girl I know: whose uncle is Richard Madely. As in Richard and Judy. Apparently he’s really arrogant.
8. Once, at a bar: I threw up all over myself and had to be escorted out through the fire escape. I was 17 and it was my friend’s birthday party. Funnily enough he was not impressed – especially since he worked at the pub!
9. By noon, I’m usually: starving! I spend the last hour before my lunch break unable to concentrate on anything but the fact that soon I will be able to eat something.
10. Last night: I was at a party. It was a pretty tame party. After I left I managed to go straight to sleep despite that fact that the celebration was happening right below my room. And these people call themselves students. Pathetic!
11. If only I had: an electric tin opener. My dad has one and I really, really want my own. I can never get the normal ones to work and look like a total idiot when I have to ask for help.
12. Next time I go to church: will probably be for someone’s wedding. No, not mine. If I ever do get married it won’t be in a church. I’d feel like a hypocrite.
13. What worries me most: losing all my friends. Now that they’re all having kids and getting married I worry that we have nothing in common any more and are just going to drift apart. I know it sounds pathetic but I’ve lost a lot of friends, and after a while it makes you paranoid.
14. When I turn my head left I see: a shelving unit thing that’s crammed with stuff. Mugs with smiley faces on them (I collect them), make up, rolls of wrapping paper, handbags, a scanner that my boyfriend randomly left there… I so need to move to a place where I have more than one room for all my things!
15. When I turn my head right I see: the window. There’s a hedge out there and a brick barbecue standing on a patch of grass. No people though. How can I people watch when there are no people around?
16. You know I’m lying when: I go very red and look at the floor. I cannot lie. At all.
17. What I miss most about the Eighties is: the cartoons. Button Moon and Dangermouse and Thundercats. I know some of them are still on but it’s just not the same.
18. If I were a character in Shakespeare I’d be: One of the witches from Macbeth. Cos witches are cool, and they get to do spells and stuff.
19. By this time next year: I will hopefully have moved out of this building! Maybe I’ll be living with the boyfriend. I’ll also be 3 days away from my 26th birthday. Eeeeep!
20. A better name for me would be: Abigail. Or at least I thought so when I was 7.
21. I have a hard time understanding: other people. Hell, most of the time I don’t even understand myself!
22. If I ever go back to school, I’ll: be even less organised than I was the first time round. I was terrible for doing my homework in the 5 minute break before the lesson.
23. You know I like you if: I offer you chocolate. Or smile at you. Or tell you I like you. Even if I don’t do any of those things I probably like you anyway.
24. If I ever won an award, the first person I would thank would be: probably whoever was giving me the award. How boring am I?
25. Take my advice, never: spend a night in a bar ordering cokes then letting your friend top them up with the vodka she brought with her, then switch to ordering triple vodka and cokes when hers runs out. See the answer to number 8 to find out why…
26. My ideal breakfast is: more like brunch. And brought to me in bed.
27. A song I love but do not have is: Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton.
28. If you visit my hometown, I suggest you: leave before the chavs get you.
29. Why won’t people: get out of the bloody way.
30. If you spend a night at my house: you’ll have to sleep on the floor. And bring your own sleeping bag.
31. I’d stop my wedding for: a fire. I wouldn’t want to burn to death for the sake of being a Mrs.
32. The world could do without: wasps. They are the chavs of the insect world – no purpose in life and like to hang around rubbish.
33. I’d rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: stand in a room full of moths.
34. My favourite blonde(s) is/are: my sister and my mum.
35. Paper clips are more useful than: celery. You use more calories chewing it than it contains and it’s tasteless. What’s the point?
36. If I do anything well it’s: procrastinate. If I know something needs to be done I’m willing to do almost anything but that. I’m also quite good at translating.
37. I can’t help but: worry about the future. And about money. And the fact that I’m getting older.
38. I usually cry: when I’m really, really tired. Or if something sad happens on TV.
39. My advice to my child/nephew/niece: never date a DJ.
40. And by the way: it’s my birthday on Wednesday. What? I’m just saying….