Hello there! It’s Friday again, and after today I only have one more week at work before the Christmas holidays. I’m very much looking forward to not having to get up at 6 a.m. for a couple of weeks! We’re visiting Jan’s parents for Christmas then for New Year… well, as of right now we’re doing nothing! Iceland is out because flights were too espensive. Bruges was on the table, but other than me looking up train prices and letting Jan know nothing has been done about it and by now it may be too late to even book somewhere to stay. So we may end up staying in Karlsruhe and having fireworks thrown at us all night. We’ll see… Anyway, Friday letters!
Dear post office. I think I’m only going to have to visit you one more time this year (unless I end up having . Yippee!
Dear Deutsche Post. I can’t believe stamp prices are going up again in January! I still have some left over from last year when it cost 58 cents to send a letter within Germany… now it’s going up from 60 to 62 cents. It isn’t even that long since said stamps only cost 55 cents! And as for putting the price of an international letter up from 75 to 80 cents… well, I don’t even know what to say to that!
Dear Speyer. We’re coming to visit your Christmas market tomorrow! 🙂
That’s all I can think of this week, so here are some links:
- I love this comic about a freelance translator and her mouse (a computer mouse that she talks to).
- I need to get to the Fête des Lumieres (festival of lights) in Lyon some day. Just look how pretty!
- 22 Welsh words and phrases you definitely need this Christmas. Love it!! Although a pronunciation guide would have been nice.
- Red pandas!! So cuuuute.
- OKCupid have introduced new categories for gender and sexual orientation, including asexual, heterosexual and pansexual. And about time too!
- For my UK readers, apparently these are the top 10 UK Christmas markets. It says there’s one in Alnwick… who knew?!
- This one’s for anyone who was ever a fan of the Babysitter’s Club. Claudia Keeshi:Middel Skol Mamma. So funny!