It’s quiz night again tonight, and I don’t have anything much to talk about, so it’s time for another ten random facts that you may or may not have already known. Welcome to the seventh edition of my occasional series, Tuesday Trivia!
1. The national animal of Mauritius is the Dodo. The island of Mauritius is the only place that the Dodo is known to have lived.
2. There are volcanoes on Mars. The largest of them is Olympus Mons, which is Latin for Mount Olympus.
3. JPEG (as in the file format for pictures) stands for Joint Photographic Experts Group. PMG is Portable Network Graphics.
4. The kiwi fruit is also known as the Chinese gooseberry
5. A dog’s normal body temperature is 101 degrees Fahrenheit, or 38°C.
6. Octopus blood is blue.
7. In Greek mythology, Hades (God of the Underworld) is the brother of both Zeus (God of the Sky and Thunder) and Poseidon (God of the Sea).
8. The highest value Euro bank note in circulation is €500
9. There are 1440 minutes in a day.
10. Nomophobia is the fear of being out of mobile phone contact. The term, an abbreviation for “no-mobile-phone phobia”, was coined during a study by the UK Post Office.
That’s all for today. I hope you enjoyed my little list of facts. Now, wish us luck in the quiz 😉