It was dark when I left work today. Dark and cold. I hate that. And things are only going to get worse – it’s another two whole months before we even reach the shortest day!
Anyway, enough whinging. Welsh Girl has tagged me for this meme. Apparantly if I don’t do it the world will end. I suppose I’d better do it then…
So, I’m supposed to tell you seven random things about me. Sounds pretty simple. I’m not sure it is though. Seven whole things? I just don’t think I’m that interesting. I shall give it a go though…
1. When I was younger my favourite colour was purple. I even decorated my room in it – or rather the decorator did. Actually, the wallpaper’s still there – purple with silver swirls. My entire family then decided it would be a wonderful idea to buy me purple stuff for every single occasion they could think of… birthdays, Easter, Christmas… I have an entire room full of purple candles, purple lamps, purple photo frames… and now I can’t stand the sight of the colour any more. I refuse to tell my relatives what colour I like now in case they put me off that one too.
2. I can only eat eggs if they’re mixed with milk. That means scrambled eggs and omlettes are fine, as are eggs in cake. Boiled and fried eggs make me throw up. It’s really annoying cos I actually like soft boiled eggs with toast soldiers but it’s just not worth the vomiting that I know will follow.
3. I once ate a beetle. Well, half of one anyway. I was sitting out in the garden when my mum noticed I had something in my mouth, so she came over to take a lot and discovered half a beetle in there. We can only assume I swallowed the other half. Clearly I was a sick child… but in my defence I was only about three years old at the time.
4. On my mum’s side, I’m the oldest of 18 grandchildren. My youngest cousin is a bit more than year old. There was one cousin who was older than me. She was born six months before I was and died at three weeks. Her name was Deborah.
I’m also the oldest grandchild on my dad’s side of the family, but as the other grandchildren are my sister and half brother it doesn’t really count.
5. My blog is the only place I ever refer to my mother as “mum”. In real life she’s mam.
6. I went to five different schools, three primary and two secondary. We moved around a lot.
7. My absolute all time favourite film is A League of Their Own. I still cry every time I watch it.
OK, now I’m supposed to pass it on to some of you lot. Most of the people I would have passed it to have already done it though. Hmm, I choose sleepyjane, Lauren from Half Deserted Streets and anyone else that wants to do it.
Now I have to go to a meeting with my floor. Hopefully normal blogging service will resume tomorrow… unless someone goes and tags me for another meme.