I’m fascinated by blog stats, particularly search terms, which are often hilarious. So here’s a look at my top search terms and most-viewed posts for 2014:
My top posts in 2014:
- Chicken, leek and bacon mashed potato topped pie. This post from last year randomly started getting loads of views in October and has featured in my stats every single day since then. It was viewed a total of 365 times from 28 December 2013 to 28 December 2014.
- I Wouldn’t Thank You for a Valentine. Usually this is my most viewed post, but this year it lagged behind with a mere 247 views. I wonder if that means teachers have stopped assigning it for GCSE?
- German Foods I Love and Loathe came third with 171 views, proving that you can never go wrong with sausages and potatoes 😉
- Sukie’s Cake Shop, Karlsruhe. A relatively recent post this one – I only wrote it in September. But it still managed a whole 164 views between then and now. Which just goes to show how few people are blogging about things to do in Karlsruhe!
- So You Want to Learn German? This post got 137 views. I just hope it was useful to someone…
And now my top search terms for the year
- The mysterious woods of whistle root pennell
- give me something to do
- rewe cafeteria frankfurt airport
- nagold old church
Nothing particularly exciting there – the good search terms are usually the ones that only come up once. But it’s still interesting to see what most people who end up on my blog are looking for.
And now, in no particular order, my five favourite search terms that have found me this year. None are quite as fun as last year’s, but luckily I’m easily amused 😉
- marketing xmas cards from ex colleagues
- playmobile wino
- linda the giant sausage
- mmm stinky foot
- xxx girl bum
Now it’s your turn… tell me about 2014 on your blog! Or alternatively tell me what your favourite search term is that’s led someone to you.