I recently posted the first part of a list of 40 things to do before I turn 40. Today, I want to show you the next ten items, appropriately 4 months to the day before the end of my 35 before 35 challenge.
- Try 10 foods or dishes that I haven’t had before
- Take the funicular up to Rochers-de-Naye (thought to have been the inspiration for Rochers Neiges in Agatha Christie’s “The Labours of Hercules”) – thanks to Chomeuse for this one!
- Cook 10 recipes from cookbooks I own – I have loads that I rarely even glance at, so it’s time I made some use of them!
- Try an Escape Room
- Eat 5 or more portions of different fruits/vegetables every single day for a week (Monday-Sunday)
- Take the Glacier Express
- Visit a new place in Switzerland for each letter of my first name – thanks to Kezzie for this fabulous suggestion!
- Visit Pompei – I have wanted to do this ever since we learned about the volcanic eruption on primary school!
- Eat pizza in Naples (this one and the previous one can be combined in the same trip)
- See the Rocky Horror Show in the year of its 50th anniversary – I saw the 30th anniversary show when it came to Sunderland, then I went to see the show in German in what I only later realised was its 40th anniversary year. So it only makes sense to see it again in 2023 (since that will be the year I turn 40, if the actual show turns out to be after my birthday I will count this item as completed if I at least have the tickets!)
That’s 25 so far… I will post the remaining 15 within the next few months. Please feel free to give me suggestions in the comments.