Hello everyone! I hope you all had a nice Easter? I was home along for the long weekend – and still am, actually. Jan is away with one of his choirs on a trip that covers Vienna, Belgrade, Sofia, and Istanbul. Jealous? Me? No, not at all… Anyway, as you will have seen, the tag line of my blog is “Just a place to gather my thoughts” and occasionally I like to do just that, i.e. put together a list of random things that have occurred to me but don’t merit an entire blog post of their own.
- Or building is being renovated next year and one of the things they’re doing is giving everyone a washer and dryer in their flat. I am way more excited about this than the new bathrooms they’re also planning on putting in… no more getting up early to put on a load of washing because certain people feel the need to reserve the evening washing machine slots months in advance so nobody else gets a chance! (Side note: most rental apartments in Switzerland have a shared laundry room and you either have an assigned day, a specific slot (e.g. Monday mornings) a sign-up sheet or, in some cases, it’s a free-for-all. In our case, it’s a sign-up sheet).
- Sort of related to the above… if I’m not allowed to do laundry or hoover on a Sunday does that mean it’s also illegal to dry my hair?
- After two whole delivery-free days in a row (Sunday followed by Easter Monday, which is a holiday), how is it possible that I had no mail today? The post person had obviously been because Jan had a letter from his health insurance, so where was my post? I want my books and I want them now!
- Speaking of books… I picked one up today that had been on my shelf for a while and realised that someone had ripped out a page in the middle (I buy almost all my books second hand). It’s an ex-library copy and is otherwise in good condition, so I can only assume the seller didn’t know. Who on Earth does that? I’m really annoyed now because I finally felt like reading that book and now I have to wait for another copy to arrive. Also, I’m going to have to throw the book away and I hate throwing books away, but with a missing page it’s no longer any use to anyone.
- I have two acquaintances who are currently pregnant with their fourth child. How?! (I mean, I know physically how but a) what are the chances of two people I know announcing this within a week and b) how do other people manage to have four children at the drop of a hat when I don’t even have one?)
Hmm, I thought I had more than that but I seem to have run out of steam, so that’s it. Not the most exciting post, but if I can’t talk to an actual human being I’ll just have to throw my random thoughts out into the universe instead 😉 And now I need to go and cook tea (by which I mean let the oven cook it for me). Have a great evening, friends.